Fwd: Someone get rid of this stupid thing.

That and make Gmail stop trying to send messages to other people and not the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mike Smith < mmiikkee13@gmail.com>
Date: Mar 18, 2006 12:16 PM
Subject: Re: Someone get rid of this stupid thing.
To: David Kirchner <dpk@dpk.net>

OK, I just managed to get that marked as spam. But still, someone needs to do something about that stupid spambot so we won't have everyone having to do the same thing.

On 3/18/06, David Kirchner < dpk@dpk.net> wrote:
On 3/18/06, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@verizon.net> wrote:
> 3. There is no way short of a customized subject message sent
> individually to every name on the mailing list, one at a time, FROM a
> mailng list user, waiting each time to see if it generates this
> response.

This seems like the most reasonable solution. As long as the sender is
not already on UOL's "allow" list, it should work well. You wouldn't
have to wait too long -- the autoresponse comes in quickly, and you
can keep sending to the other users while you wait.

But, yeah, it is something the list managers would have to do.