dist-upgrade problem

Hello,

Maybe someone can point me in the right direction... :-)

I performed a dist-upgrade from woody to sarge. Everything seemed to be fine. After the upgrade the machine was up and running. I decided to reboot the machine and now it doesn't come up. When the boot process is trying to load linux it hangs. Possibly the MBR has been corrupted? I haven't really begun investigating yet, just hoping somebody might have an idea where to begin...

Any ideas?