Re: users getting confused between mailing lists and forums?

I did that on purpose because I find that often when I rely on one source for support I may not get a solution or even a reply...thus I feel it's best to post my question in multiple support avenues so I get the best chance for replies and help...I'm not confused between the different avenues, I know this is a mailing list for debian support and I know that's a forum for debian support...I'm just trying to have the best chance possibe of receiving support is all...hope this clears that up for you! :-)

Hi all
    I might be acting a bit paranoid here but I am starting to feel that
users are getting confused between multiple forms of support available -
forums.debian.net and other mailing lists such as debian-user for example.

For example, recently a post is made to debian-user

and the same question is being asked in

http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?p=15839#15839

This (same question posted at multiple places) could be a real problem
in the long run if the procedure is adopted by many. For example, a user
searching the archives in forums.debian.net might not find the answer
even though the question has already been address to...

What do you think?

If possible, please integrate mailing lists and forums and just keep one
of them so that users for sure will know where to post their questions.
I agree that both have some advantages over the other. But having just a
single place to post question is much much easier than 'deciding where
to post' or 'posting in multiple places'.

some thoughts of a paranoid :-)
raju

--
http://kamaraju.googlepages.com/cornell-bazaar