users getting confused between mailing lists and forums?

Hi all
I might be acting a bit paranoid here but I am starting to feel that users are getting confused between multiple forms of support available - forums.debian.net and other mailing lists such as debian-user for example.

For example, recently a post is made to debian-user

and the same question is being asked in

http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?p=15839#15839

This (same question posted at multiple places) could be a real problem in the long run if the procedure is adopted by many. For example, a user searching the archives in forums.debian.net might not find the answer even though the question has already been address to...

What do you think?

If possible, please integrate mailing lists and forums and just keep one of them so that users for sure will know where to post their questions. I agree that both have some advantages over the other. But having just a single place to post question is much much easier than 'deciding where to post' or 'posting in multiple places'.

some thoughts of a paranoid :-)
raju

--
http://kamaraju.googlepages.com/cornell-bazaar