firewall init prior network init

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a firewall using iptables, and i ran across some
documentation which recommends disabling the network altogether during
boot time until our firewall script is loaded.

Some of this implementation's commands included:

Block ICMP redirects
for CONF in /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/*/accept_redirects; do
	echo 0 > $CONF
done

# Block IP Source Routing
for CONF in /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/*/accept_source_route; do
	echo 0 > $CONF
done

# Block IP spoofing
for CONF in /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/*/rp_filter; do
	echo 1 > $CONF

Does anyone have any suggestions, maybe some that would be better
suited for Debian??

Bart