Re: Problem with PostgreSQL

Casey T. Deccio wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 18:16 +0100, Stefan Bellon wrote:

> > bellonsn@cube:~$ grep -- "-T" /usr/sbin/pg_maintenance

> You won't find it that way, because it is a command-line switch
> combined with another:

> #!/usr/bin/perl -wT

Argh! :-}

[snip]

> However, AFAICT, the code in pg_maintenance looks like it is secure
> enough for -T.  In fact, it doesn't fail when I run it.  Can you
> run /usr/sbin/pg_maintenance from the shell without error?

No, I get the same error message when executing from the command line.

> You could also try testing without the -T in line 1--to see if it
> works--but I wouldn't recommend leaving it that way.

Yes, if I change "-wT" to just "-w", then executing pg_maintenance like
it is called from within cron works without problems.

The question then is: What's the difference between my setup and yours?

--
Stefan Bellon