Re: SATA drive probs: Knoppix OK, but nothing else

What is your motherboard? I had this same problem when
installing linux on a A8N-VM CSM at home. I used
knowppix to partition the drive and later I couldnt
use it at all. So I had to upgrade my desktop's kernel
to 2.6.15 because there was some problem with the sata
drivers with earlier kernels. I had to do my install
on a PATA drive and later connect the SATA drive and
install the system again on it.

Leo.