Re: Newcomers to Debian downloading/ordering full CD-set

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 23:32:21 -0800
"Steve Mazurek" <steve.mazurek@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, indeed, when I first tried Debian I did not understand that I didn't
> need to download everything.  In fact, I am not using Debian right now , but
> a derivative, because I need to find out just what I need to install from
> Debian.  I suspect that I'll need more than the first CD but I need to find
> out more than I've been able to so far.  I plan on getting a copy of Martin
> Krafft's The Debian System before I try installing Debian again, although
> I'm going to do so.
>
> --Steve Mazurek

I'm sending this also to the list.

If you tell us (in a new thread) what you want to do with the system and what connection you have available, we might be able to offer some suggestions.

Andrei
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)