Configuring network printer using gnome/foomatic on Debian

Title: Configuring network printer using gnome/foomatic on Debian

I have a HP laserjet 8000 DN printer attached to network directly with ip address say 142.xx.xxx.yyy.
I want to send print jobs from Debian 3.1 system running 2.4 smp kernel.
I tried from gnome window : system tools; printer; add printer information manually, it asks for printer information, I am not sure , what should I type in my case?

I tried : 142.xx.xxx.yyy , it did not complain, but at the same time it s not printing even test page.
Any help on configuring network printer, troubleshooting tips from system admin and user point of view etc…?

Thanks in advance.

Balbir Pabla