Re: S-ATA HDD unter Debian

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 17:08:03 +0100 (MET)
Nightfall@gmx.net wrote:

> Thanks so far.
>
> So my chipset is the following:
>
> NVIDIA nForce4 SLI and Silicon Image 3114R RAID controller.
>
> I know that there is a way to make a S-ATA hdd work in Linux  but i just
> know it from suse linux (a friend of mine used it - the only thing he said
> was that he just installed Linux - how helpfull :).
>

> > The short answer would be to use Sarge with the kernel26 option. But is
> > hard to tell if this will work out of the box, you didn't specify what
> > chipset you are using.
> >
> > Andrei

Please post to the list. First, you will get (many) more answers and second I have no experience with S-ATA, only what I have read on the list. You might as well just pop the sarge CD1 and install with option 'kernel26'. Maybe you get lucky ;-)

Andrei
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)