Re: S-ATA HDD unter Debian

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 13:10:00 +0100 (MET)
Nightfall@gmx.net wrote:

> Hallo
>
> Mein Prob is das ich Debian gern auf einer S-ATA-Platte zum laufen bringen
> will, ich aber nich weiß ob und ab welchem Release Debian von Haus aus
> S-ATA-Platten unterstützt.
>
> Hatte es schon einmal probiert, allerdings hatte Debian dann gar nichts
> gemacht, nur angezeigt das er Hardware suchen würde und dann war nix mehr.
>
> Hoff jemand kann mir weiterhelfen.
>
> Thnx.
>
> Nighti

Das ist eine Englische liste. Fuer Deutsch bitte an debian-user-german@lists.debian.org schreiben.

Translation for list readers:

This is an English list. For German please write to debian-user-german@lists.debian.org

> Hello
>
> My prob is that I would gladly make Debian work on a S-ATA hdd, but I don't know if and from which release it (Debian) supports S-ATA hdds out of the box.
>
> Have already tried it once, but Debian didn't do anything, just showed it was searching for hardware and then there was nothing.
>
> Hope someone can help me out.
>
> Thnx
>
> Nighti

The short answer would be to use Sarge with the kernel26 option. But is hard to tell if this will work out of the box, you didn't specify what chipset you are using.

Andrei
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)