Re: CUPS/foomatic/gs printing problem - plain text - first line too high,gets cut off

Patrick Wiseman wrote:

On 3/12/06, *Daniel B.* <dsb@smart.net <mailto:dsb@smart.net>> wrote:

    I'm having trouble with printing after switching to using CUPS,
    foomatic, and gs (gs-esp) in Sarge:

    When I try to print plain text, the system cuts off the top two-thirds
    of the first line, and the first several characters on the left.

I have found it necessary to use something like this for my HP printer. It's documented in the CUPS documentation.

'lp -o page-left=36 -o page-top=36'

I've had this problem for over a year with my Sarge CUPS LaserJet series II driver. I looked around at the time for some kind of offsetting adjustment, but never really found anything.

Any way to modify settings in CUPS to internalize this offset? I get the offsetting problem when printing from anything (e.g., open office) not just lp.

I've got this printer exposed via CUPS and samba, and it is a bit frustrating that my wife's windows laptop has no such issue when it prints.

Thanks,
Rick Reynolds
--
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. -- Douglas Adams