remounted read-only

Hi,

I have a server that repeatedly remounts its / harddisk readonly, probably caused by the errors=remount-ro in fstab. I read the following about it on the web:

"Specifies that if errors are found when the filesystem is checked, the filesystem will be remounted in read-only mode so that the system administrator can analyze the errors without risking further damage."

I usually do a fsck -c which says it recovers the journal(ext3) and modifies the filesystem. After this I reboot and the problem goes away for a while.

But what does the text above imply with "can analyze the errors without risking further damage", what can I do to prevent this totally?
Is it a sign of starting to failing harddrives or what might be the cause?

Thanks in advance,
	Eric