VSFTP refuses Windows connections

I am running VSFTP as an inetd service on my LAN.  I want to allow everyone on
the LAN to access this server but it only seems to work on the local computer
with either ftp://localhost or ftp://192.168.1.101 (my local IP address).  I
have a Windows XP machine and am trying to connect to the FTP server using
Windows Explorer but I get a message saying:

"Connection with the server was reset"

Using Nmap on the Windows XP PC, I see that port 21 is open on the PC with
VSFTP.  I've disabled the McAfee Privacy Manager software thinking it had
something to do with it blocking the connection since it meant exposing my
email address when logging on anonymously but that didn't help.  The
following is my /etc/vsftpd.conf file:

listen=NO
anonymous_enable=YES
dirmessage_enable=YES
xferlog_enable=YES
connect_from_port_20=YES
ascii_download_enable=YES
secure_chroot_dir=/var/run/vsftpd
pam_service_name=vsftpd
rsa_cert_file=/etc/ssl/certs/vsftpd.pem

Any ideas why I cannot connect?  Am I missing something in my config file?