Re: ITE 8212 INSTALL

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 22:37:42 -0600
"Forrest Fuqua | JRWR | Woody" <jrwr00@gmail.com> wrote:

> im trying to install debian on a hardrive that is on a ite 8212 card
> in IDE/ATAPI mode, so far ive had no luck at all, i whant to install
> debian testing if i can, (with the linux26)

ite 821x modules are in the 2.6.14 or later kernel. you need an installer with that kernel. how you get that is another matter. You might have to roll your own.

or do what I did. install the bare minimum sarge on an extra disk using a recognised interface. then upgrade that bare-minimum install to a 2.6.14 kernel (sid/unstable I believe, I don't think its in etch, others will pipe-up I'm sure). then you cann see, partition and format the ite drives and move your installation over there.

or you could install through a recognized interface and upgrade as before, then just unplug and replug your disk into the other interface. make sure you handle your boot manager properly first though.