Re: HELP

On Sat, 2006-03-11 at 14:26 -0600, Conrad McClure wrote:
> >>I installed debian, but what do I do with it, how do I use it?
> >>
> >>Does it have a graphical interface,

Yes.

>                                       or is it command line only?

If you want it that way.

> >>how do you use openoffice with it?

Got to install the GUI first.

> >>how do you surf the internet?

You surf the web.  Internet is the conduit for web, mail, streaming
video, etc, etc ad nauseum.

> >>these are just a few questions?

You'll have 1000 more.

> >>It looks almost like unix,

That's the idea.

>                               which is very unfriendly to me.

"Cryptic" & "unhelpful" are words I'd use.  It's very friendly to
people who take the time to know it.

> >>I would appreciate some feed back, are did I do a network install
> invane?
> >>
> >>Thanks in advance for your help

Rank n00b that you are (we all have to start somewhere!), install
Ubuntu (or maybe kubuntu) over Debian.  They've got a slick GUI,
and kubuntu looks a lot like Windows.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Knowledge should be free for all."
Harcourt Fenton Mudd, Star Trek:TOS, "I, Mudd"