Re: Proposed change for subscriptions...

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 12:35:02PM -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:
> Jacob S wrote:
> >Since anybody can post to this list without being subscribed (witness
> >the spam we get), where is the problem? You simply subscribe under one
>
> I proposed a change in order to prevent such posts. I propose that
> messages which come from non-subscribed aliases be rejected from the
> list.

Bad answer.  Random users of Debian should be able to post to the list
and offer feedback or (try to) get help without having to be deluged
with the hundreds of messages per day that the list generates.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that