Re: Hardware

Chris Lale wrote:
William Roca wrote:

Hi, my name is William. I am about to install Debian Operating System, but I have a problem. While trying to install, I got a message that said: “no Ethernet card detected”. Could you help?

Does your motherboard have a built-in ethernet interface? Some do not have them, or sometimes they are not fully compliant. The solution may be to install an ethernet card - they are cheap enough.

How old is your system? Is the ethernet card ISA PnP? Or if built in
does it have PnP capabilities? If the former, try using your setup
utility to disable PnP. If the latter, try setting your BIOS to
indicate non-PnP OS installed.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.