Re: Xserver-xorg - radeon module?????

Kai Sandsengen wrote:
The module will not load and the module version seems out of date, how can I solve this???

/var/log/Xorg.0.log
[dri] radeon.o kernel module version is 1.16.0 but version 1.17.0 or newer is needed.

# lsmod | grep radeon
radeon                 73856  0
drm                    61716  1 radeon

I dont use Radeon but I have seen a similar error from the nvidia drivers following a dist upgrade. The problem for me was that I had installed the latest nvidia-glx package and not recompiled my kernel module from the latest source. Of course none of this may be relevant to you as I dont know how the radeon drivers work but it might be something to look into.

HTH

Wackojacko