Re: Problems with loop-aes?

Jan Johansson wrote:
> (Not sure if this is a loop-aes problem or a "genral platform
problem)

> Hello!
>
> I used the instructions on
> http://deb.riseup.net/storage/encryption/loop-aes/ to create a
encrypted
> area. But when I get to the 'dd' stage (using /dev/loop1 and
/dev/md2),
> weird things starts to happen. (problem does not occur if I 'dd' to a
> file that is not done through losetup)

Hi;
W.A.G. I'm new to linux and also know little to nothing about encrypted
file systems - but I just took a look at that link you provided and it
seems that they are using a SMP kernel - do you have a SMP system? If
you aren't using a HyperThreaded CPU, Dual-Core, or Multi-CPU system,
I'd guess you'd have issues.

> I should have plenty of memory
>              total       used       free     shared    buffers
> cached
> Mem:       3116936    3095872      21064          0     178824
> 2545060
> -/+ buffers/cache:     371988    2744948
> Swap:      1951888        772    1951116

Another W.A.G.;
Are you using 3GB of RAM already ? with 21MB free?
When I use 'top' (Debian Sarge 2.6.8-2-i386) it displays output in KB

Apologies if i missed your Hardware specs - and if my WAG'es are way
off the mark