Re: Hi, i'm having problems with X

asd87 wrote:

> [...]
Short answer: run "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" and tinker with the
settings, running "startx" after each tinker. Try setting the server to
SVGA for a fairly generic setting that usually works. (This assumes you
haven't tinkered with the "/etc/X11/Xorg.conf" file by hand, which
breaks the use of dpkg-reconfigure for modifying that file.)

Also, above the error "No screens found" you may see some other more
pertinent info. You can also look in /var/log/Xorg.0.log for errors,
particularly lines starting with "EE".

Running "lspci" should give a clue as to what chipset is used by your
video system. That might be a good starting place before trying to
reconfigure your Xorg.conf file.

--
Kent