Re: phpGroupWare and MySQL

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 22:35 -0500, Matthias Julius wrote:
> Bernard Fay <bfay@deepcosmos.ca> writes:
>
> > I tried to reconfigure phpgroupware and YET to give a password to the
> > root MySQL user but I got the same result so I created the DB by hand
> > and without password. I guess there is a problem with this part of the
> > configuration.
>
> Did you assign a password to root?  Did you try it without?
>

> > But I got another problem...
> >
> > According to the messages received while creating the DB it should be
> > ok.  Now, I am  back to the phpgroupware setup and yet it tells me
> > "Your Database is not working!
> > Make sure that your database is created and the account permissions are
> > set."
>
> If you setup the database manually you also have to setup a user with
> the right permissions for phpGroupWare.
>
> But, the Debian configuration should work.  You must be doing
> something wrong.
>
> Matthias
>
> PS: You don't need to copy myself on your emails.  I am subscribed to
> the list and I don't need them twice.  On the Debian lists senders of
> mails should only get a direct copy if they explicitely request that.

Well, I tried many things and nothing works.  I have even change the
database to postgresql where I have other problems.  I have even tried
egroupware where I got other problems.

This stuff is taking way too much time to get working and time is a
resource I don't have in excess.

Sending all that stuff to /dev/null

thanks anyway,
Bernard