Re: hotplug script before udev

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 08:13:46 -0600 "David Berg" <drberg1000@gmail.com>
wrote:

On 3/9/06, Florian Kulzer <florian@molphys.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:

David Berg wrote:

[...]

Correct me if I'm mistaken, being that PROGRAM is a _key_ it is
run before the device is created so that it can be used to
determine which name should be used.  Since it is run before
the device is created, it can't be used to mount a filesystem
on that device.

[...]

just a quick thought. is it possible that udev doesn't actually
process everything on the one line as suggested by Florian? Maybe it
only processes one item at a time until it satisfies the rule and
thus, your PROGRAM at the end of the line doesn't ever actually run
as the other keys satisfy and generate the device. Also, its my
understanding that the PROGRAM is just like any other key and udev is
expecting it to return a value to help udev determine what devices to
create.

Uh-oh, I just checked again and I was indeed wrong about the PROGRAM
key. I mixed it up with the RUN key which unfortunately does not seem to
be implemented in udev 0.056. Sorry for adding to the confusion...

Regards,
          Florian