Re: hotplug script before udev

David Berg wrote:

[...]

Correct me if I'm mistaken, being that PROGRAM is a _key_ it is run
before the device is created so that it can be used to determine which
name should be used.  Since it is run before the device is created, it
can't be used to mount a filesystem on that device.

I think the main problem is that I did not realize that you are running
Sarge. In Sid hotplug is completely replaced by udev, and I think that
this is also what will happen when Etch is released. My information
about the PROGRAM key is from the manual of udev 0.086. Maybe this is
not implemented yet for the udev of Sarge. Can you find any information
about the intended interaction between hotplug and the older udev in
/usr/share/doc/udev/README.Debian.gz?

Regards,
           Florian