Re: Wireless interface fails to initialize fully; still need to get DHCP manually

Adam Porter wrote:

> Hmm, you might be the same guy I talked to in #debian (I
> think my nick then was "tired").
>
> I'm not an expert, and I have no experience with
> ndiswrapper, but I'll try
> to help.  Please post your /etc/network/interfaces file.

Actually, to be honest, I was posting this for somebody else
who I'm trying to help in a Xandros forum.  Perhaps he was
talking with you in IRC.

His /etc/network/interfaces variously looked like this, and
none of them worked:

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth1
iface eth1 inet dhcp

OR

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth1
iface eth1 inet static
   address 192.168.11.8
   netmask 255.255.255.0
   gateway 192.168.11.1
   dns-nameserver 192.168.11.1

In the second one, first he tried just address and netmask,
then added gateway, then added dns-...  None of them
worked.

If you really want to get into this, the thread is here:

http://forums.xandros.com/viewtopic.php?t=22038&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Robert