K3B error "no video transcoding!"

Hi everyone,

I have an amd64 computer running Debian testing x86
and having problems being able to copy dvds.  The dvds
I wish to copy are homemade recorded off air from my
Lite-ON DVD recorder.

I had Ubuntu Breezy amd64 on this same computer with
the same exact error that I am currently seeing.  When
I go to the "copy DVD option" in K3b it has a caption
beside it saying "no video transcoding!"  :-(

In one of my earlier installs of ubuntu breeezy, K3b
did work for DVD copying.

Can anyone give me suggestions on how to get the
ability to copy dvds?  I do have programs such as
transcode and subtitleripper installed.

Thank you in advance!

John