Re: Installation of Sarge on an Asus motherboard

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 10:26:20PM +1300, Chris Bannister wrote:
> > First of all, make sure your driver is in 2.6.15 but not 2.6.8.  If so,
> > here are all the dependences for kernel-image-2.6.11-1-686 which is the
> > latest kernel in my cache:
> >
> >   coreutils
> >   cpio
> >   cramfsprogs
> >   dash
> >   fileutils
> >   initrd-tools
> >   libacl1
> >   libattr1
> >   libc6
> >   libncurses5
> >   libselinux1
> >   libsepol1
> >   libslang2
> >   libuuid1
> >   lsb-base
> >   module-init-tools
> >   ncurses-bin
> >   sed
> >   util-linux
> >   zlib1g

Thanks for the reply. I got it working differently, however. I got the
driver from the manufacturers website, compiled the kernel on a
different machine using kernel package, and took the kernel along with
yaird, udev and related dependencies. I got it working.

Many thanks for all the replies to debian-user.

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah,
462, Jamuna Hostel,