Re: How to determine the VT of a running X session?

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 06:47:41PM +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> No, the ownership change with $USER allocation of the tty.
> Please checkit out on your system while loging in with different $USER.

Ok, tried...

jcn@hejre:~$ tty
/dev/tty1
jcn@hejre:~$ ll /dev/tty[01]
crw------- 1 root root 4, 0 2005-03-29 21:30 /dev/tty0
crw------- 1 jcn tty 4, 1 2006-03-07 19:52 /dev/tty1

... doesn't change here. I wonder who should change that (the kernel,
in the course of processing a VT_ACTIVATE ioctl()?), but if that's
what's happening on your host, then there has to be some mechanism...

Hm, I'm puzzled. We're both still talking about tty_0_, right?
(Ok, the discussion is a bit academic, since the OP's problem is
long solved, but now I'm curious what makes that ownership change
dynamically...)

I'll test my google-fu on that - I can't believe that no one else has
noticed that in the past...

Regards,

Jan

--