Re: xserver-xorg fatal configuration

Tore Ericsson wrote:

>Tuesday 7 March 2006 06:23 skrev Kent West:
>

>>Are you saying that if you "dpkg -i kdelibs4c2a_3.5.1-2_i386.deb"
>>
>>the installation of the deb will fail?
>>
>yes indeed

Oh-h-h-h.

Does it complain about the libkdecore also, as in:

>/usr/bin/perl: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4: undefined

or do you get some other error message? If it's this same message, I'd
unpack the deb (don't recall the exact steps; you use "ar" I believe; I
always have to google it) and compare the libkdecore.so.4 file with
what's already on your system. You might also need to verify that
libkdecore.so.4 is not a symlink to another file: "ls -l
/usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4"; if so, compare the file instead.

If it's some other message, what messge do you get?

--
Kent