Re: Dual boot comoputer

Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Sat,  4 Mar 2006 00:33:39 -0700
> nano@xmission.com wrote:
>
> I see you have knoppix. Boot with it. Find out what your / partition
is. I will assume it is /dev/hda2. Open a root console and type these
commands:

> umount /dev/hda2
> mount -o rw /dev/hda2 /mnt/hda2
> mount -o bind /dev /mnt/hda2/dev
> chroot /mnt/hda2
> mount /proc
> grub-install
> exit
> reboot
>
> This should do the trick ;)
>
> Andrei
> P.S. I think some steps can be ommitted, but it won't hurt if you do
them :)

Above is pretty nice - however I'm notsure how some of those command
lines help ad do whatever they do -- but just wanted to say

Boot Knoppix using;

	Knoppix 1

as the Boot: prompt cheatcode - this will load knoppix in runlevel1
you *may" just be able to run

	grub-install

right from there - choose the MBR install
after done (and if installation doesn't give you prompt to reboot you)
try;

	shutdown -r now

or just use 3 finger salute (ctrl-alt-del)