Debian 3.1 installation not detecting my hard drives =(

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install Debian 3.1 (2.6.x kernel) onto a Dell PowerEdge 2800 server (yes, I know they support only Windoze & RH) and it gave an error during the detecting hard drives/partition part of the install process.  It said that no partitions were found and asked me to make sure I have the hardware connected.

Does anybody know why this is happening and (more importantly) how to fix this issue?

Additional info:
I'm using Dell's PERC 4e/Di hw RAID controller, and trying to install Debian on the RAID 1 logical drives.

Thanks in advance,

Glen Yu | glen.yu@ec.gc.ca