RE: RAID installation

Shlomi;

>   Sorry for my ignorance :)
No apologize needed, this list exists to help users.

>But what is a megaraid2? And how do  you supply it's drivers on
>installation time to the installer? (if you  can)

In the case of the Dell PE1850 I did not need to supply the driver. Debian
'found' it. Megaraid2 is the driver. As I watched the boot screens I saw
Megaraid2 get loaded.

At boot time I went into the controller configuration mdoe <Ctrl-M> and set
up the drives as logical, added them to an array and select my RAID level.

At the CD boot prompt I hit enter and a typical network install of Debian
Sarge followed.

RbtBotL
Craig - ><>

 o    BU SysAdmin