where is the source of alsa-module-2.6 ?

Hi,
I have a problem with my sound card in sarge 2.6, (no
problem with  sarge kernel  2.4 ( the package
alsa-modules-2.4.27-2-386 is there)  it detects it as
snd-azx) which is in fact same snd-hda-intel. Mepis
3.4 found it correctly snd-hda-intel because the
alsa-module-2.6.15 is there and installed.
 Since the alsa-module-2.6 is not present in sarge I
want to get the source from ( Mepis site) of
alsa-modules to compile hda-intel module. I don't
understand why the alsa-module-2.6 exists in Mepis and
not in sarge??

thanks for help