Re: Re: Controlling eth0,eth1,... assignment order?

> Florian Kulzer wrote:
>
> > Svante Signell wrote:
> >
> >         The solution given below has been working for some time now, until udev
> >         0.085-1 from Feb 19 was installed. Then the behaviour is wrong again,
> >         eth0 is associated to the 8139too driver and eth1 is associated to the
> >         3c59x driver. What has changed in the udev functionality? The
> >         file /etc/udev/static-nic.rules linked
> >         to /etc/udev/rules.d/025_static-nic.rules does not seem to be run at
> >         startup anymore :-( This issue should probably be an FAQ by now. Any
> >         pointers??

> Are you sure that the rules are not read at bootup anymore, or are you
> just inferring this from the incorrect assignment of the interface
> names? Other people also have reported problems with the solution you
> refer to, and at least in some cases the following workaround helped:

I don't really know if the rules are read at bootup since dmesg does not
catch this and the messages on the screen during bootup are scrolled to
far away to be visible. I'll try the solution indicated in the message
above and report later. Pleass Cc: me since I'm not subscribed to the
debian-user mailing list.

> (I have not used my laptop in a while, and my desktop has only one
> network interface, therefore I do not know if this still works with
> the newest udev. Worth a try, I hope.)
>
> Regards,
>            Florian

Thanks,