Re: libsdl and qemu for linux

roberto wrote:

<snip>
roberto:~# qemu -snapshot -boot c -hda /dev/hda2
warning: could not open /dev/net/tun: no virtual network emulation
Could not initialize SDL - exiting
roberto:~#

i've correctly installed libsdl1.2-dev and i do not understand the
problem with SDL. I am not interestend at all in network configuration
since i use net only under linux; my one aim is to use the XP in
/dev/hda2 without rebooting or installing a new Win in /dev/hda4...
is it possible?
No, not possible. Please read the various FAQ's.
You must create a new image and install windows into that.
(Two reasons, windows will install itself with the absolute minimum drivers required, and qemu is a different computer with different hardware, and a partition is not an image of an entire HDD (ie, does not contain a partition table, etc))

As for libsdl1.2-dev, you only need that if you are *compiling*.
You also need libsdl1.2 libraries (ie, not just the headers for development), so you should probably try installing libsdl1.2debian-all