Re: timing(?) problem syncing USB Palm OS device connected via udev (pilot-manager and pilot-link)

Jean-Marie Thomas wrote:

> On Sunday 26 February 2006 18:27, Daniel B. wrote:
> > What does it take to get the timing right in trying to connect to
> > a Palm OS PDA when using udev?
> > My PDA is a PalmOne Tungsten T5.
> >
> > I'm running a Sarge system with udev (Sarge's 0.056-3) and kernel
> > 2.6.8 (Sarge's 2.6.8-16sarge1).
> >

> Recent udev requires kernel version at least 2.6.14.

What about the version of udev that shipped with Sarge?  Does it
not work with the kernel shipped with Sarge (or the security
update version thereof)?

In what sense does recent udev require kernel 2.6.14 or newer?
(What are the failure symptoms?)

> Are you sure udev is running ?

Yes, udev is clearly running.

(No, I don't know for sure that it's doing exactly what it is
supposed to, but it seems to be workding fine.)

Daniel

--
Daniel Barclay
dsb@smart.net