Re: Etch Printing problem

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 18:57:31 -0500
Wayne Topa <linuxone@intergate.com> wrote:

> Latest etch upgrade blew it out.  Printer is printing some ps
> statments on the first page and then a bunch of blank pages.

Odd. I just did an etch upgrade on Friday (2/23) (245 megs - ;)
and I can print (printed your article) fine. I ran the dpkg -S command,
and Xprt is not there. But I can still print, using sylpheed, which
is not a KDE application.

There is (was) an issue for sometime in Konqueror it would refuse to
print anything - nothing would go to the printer. Workaround: print to
a .pdf, and then print from gv, for example.

However, still am unable to print directly from Konq. It brings up a
message box relating to lpr saying client not found.

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.