Re: UTF-8, Utf-8, or utf-8?

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006, Alvin Oga wrote:

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006, Dan Jacobson wrote:

http://home.no.net/david/i18n.php and locale -a says use LC_ALL=zh_TW.utf-8
but /etc/locale.gen and /usr/share/i18n/SUPPORTED seem to say zh_TW.UTF-8.

different distro seem to use differently named files ..

yes ;-)

i think the font files are case sensitive ...
	zh_TW.UTF-8 is NOT the same as zh_TW.utf-8

I've read that GNU libc treats them case-insensitive (in the context
of disparaging remarks about limitations of Sun's locale support, which
does not).  There's no standard which is followed by all implementations
for this, so the script tries the flavors that I've been told about.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net