Re: Error rebooting after upgrade from 2.6.12-i36 to 2.6.15-i686

* Arnau <arnaulist@andromeiberica.com> [2006-02-24 13:45]:
> Hi all,
>
>   I have tried all your suggestions and none of them worked. Even I
> have  dowloaded the latest unstable installer from debian.org, net
> install and normal installer, and I reinstalled again from scratch the
> result is the same as when I upgrade the kernel:
>
>   Alert! /dev/sda1 does not exist. Dropping to a shell!
>
>   /bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
>
>   No idea about what else to do...

I had the same problem recently on a laptop ...
pressing <ctrl>-d at the busybox prompt resumed normal
bootup. The problem disappeared a little later. Reminds
me that I need to get rid of grub and get LILO back on
there.