Re: Where has the plain acute character gone

> I am desperately trying to make bash (or xterm or konsole using
> sh) display an "acute" (034, b54 or so) character.

On my (UTF-8) system the apostrophe key can be used.

-- the apostrophe key is a dead acute; it places an acute above the
   following letter.
-- to get an apostrophe by itself, press apostrophe followed by SPACE,
   or AltGr-apostrophe.
-- to get an acute (unicode number 0xb4) by itself, press the apostrophe
   key twice.

This should also work if your locale is not of the UTF-8 kind, e.g.
de_DE.iso88591.

Regards, Jan