Re: wep decoding for dhcp, wifi in sarge

L.V.Gandhi wrote:
I have done base install and ndiswrapper tools and modules. I have
installed broadcom windows inf file, ndiswrapper -l worked and did
modprobe ndiswrapper  and ndiswrapper -m.
Everything is OK. I have put HEX wep code in /etc/network/interfaces

# wireless interface
auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wireless_essid "mohan"
wireless_key XXXXXXXXX
wireless_mode managed

in Previous install samething used to work. Now DHCP is not giving any
IP. Is there any program needs to be installed for WEP to be
recognised by dhcp?

A number of people have reported problems with wep and dhcp recently,
for different kinds of networking hardware. I do not remember any
"universal" solution being found.

Some suggestions:

1) Check with iwconfig if your wireless card associates with the access
point after you activate wep and set the key. If not, this might point
to some problems with your driver and the necessary crypto algorithms.

2) There are (at least) two versions of the dhcp-client package,
"dhcp-client" and "dhcp3-client". Maybe one of them works better than
the other.

3) If you have a package called "zeroconf" installed, you should
uninstall and purge it. It is known to mess up network configuration.

Regards,
           Florian