Re: c-cedilla problem

Hi,

many thanks to all the answers! However, Luis tip almost work for me,
see below

On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 14:49 -0500, Luis Finotti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > This problem had appeared many times in the past, as I can see brownsing
> > the archives (user and user-portuguese), but no one of these solutions
> > works in my case. This is my problem: I am running sarge + gnome 2.8. I
> > have a qwerty keyboard and in Desktop Preferences --> Keyboard -->
> > Layout  I've selected "U.S. English w/deadkeys". I have all the special
> > accents like áàâãä, both in console and in gnome applications. But I
> > can't obtain the c-cedilla. The sequence '+c gives ć instead the
> > c-cedilla. I will appreciate very much any help with this problem
>
> Try putting:
>
> export GTK_IM_MODULE=cedilla
>
> in .bashrc or .bash_profile

putting the line in .bashrc worked. Putting in .bash_profile the problem
persists... so i left the line in .bashrc

> Note that if you start applications from icons (e.g., taskbar buttom)
> you might need to add this line to command used by the icon, or something.

yes, if I call now the applications from the command line, I can write
the c-cedilla. But if I call the application from a button in the panel,
I get the problem again. Do you know how to concatenate the line "export
GTK_IM_MODULE=cedilla" with the command used by the icon in the icon's
preferences window?

Thanks in advance!

Marcelo

--