amaroK under enlightenment - mounting ipod

I've been looking thru the various players out there recently - and have
just tried amarok. It's probably the player I've felt most comfortable
with so far - and I'd make the switch if I could get it to mount my ipod.

This is under debian unstable - running the e17 desktop (from
soulmachine.net repository).

It says "click the connect button to access your mounted ipod".

But - I get "Could not find device, please mount it and try again."

What kind of mount does it want?

Its a VFAT device - with the content partition (currently) on /dev/sga2.

I have a symlink /dev/ipod that points to this (udev).

ls /media/ipod uses automount and shows the drive just fine.

I have also tried symlinking /mnt/ipod to /media/ipod and a normal vfat
mount of /dev/sga2 to /mnt/ipod to no avail.

Is this some kind of special kde mount? Will I _have_ to be running the
kde desktop to get this running?

Any tips welcome :)

--
Chris