Re: Modem changes behavior after Sarge Update

Kevin Mark wrote:
On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 04:43:48PM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Kevin Mark wrote:
On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 10:07:15PM -0500, Hal Vaughan wrote:
On Tuesday 21 February 2006 17:41, Mike McCarty wrote:
Hal Vaughan wrote:

[snip]

Thanks, again, for your quick response. It's working now, which means I get to sleep tonight and don't have to be at the computer at 6 am to make sure it's working when it's time to connect to my data source.

Hal
Hi Hal,
great to have such expertise on this list! Here's a cool thing I just
added to keep my eye on things: 'apt-get install tled'. It makes the
keyboard leds blink just like the modem lights but its infront on you. I
just reconfigured the defaults to ppp0. I like seeming the blinky lights
to know when data is moving.
Cheers,
Kev
Is tled in Sarge?
I wrote my own! But I would prefer a package!

Hi Hugo,
I gave the wrong name: its 'tleds'. I seem it on pdo.debian.net/tleds as
in oldstable,testing,unstable. So I can at least be backported if you
can not use the other versions.
Cheers,
Kev

Hi Kev,
Thanks! Created the deb for Sarge. But I will try it first on a test partition. Years ago Debian had an app called netled, which did the same. I got netled-4.0 and fixed it to do the LED display. It does not quite match the RX/TX lights on the modem.
BTW the homepage for tleds is: http://users.tkk.fi/~jlohikos/tleds.html