Re: Determine order of network interfaces

El Jueves, 23 de Febrero de 2006 12:01, Ketil Froyn escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I have a computer with some network interfaces, and I am unable to
> determine which physical interface gets assigned to which ethX during boot.
>
> Specifically, my problem is that the firewire driver suddenly started using
> eth1 instead of eth2 yesterday. It hadn't done this before, and I had to
> change my interfaces file as a result. The issue is that I want a normal
> interface to be on eth1, and I want to be certain that this never changes
> again. I have tried to edit /etc/modutils/aliases and added (near the top)

I had a similar. My problem consisted in that the modules were loaded before
the system booted, while the control was in the initial ram disk. Things got
complicated when I upgraded to 2.6.15 kernel, in that case there was a race
condition between modules, sometimes eth0 was the wireless adaptor and
sometimes was the cable adaptor.

  I did not solve that problem exactly. What I did is to use ifrename package
to rename the interfaces so I am sure which one is the wireless updater and
which one is the RJ45 adaptor.

--
http://antares.sip.ucm.es/~luis
In a world without walls, who needs Windows(R)?