Re: wireless card

If I was to buy a new wireless pccard, it'll definitely get one with
support under the vanilla kernel...cause I'm lazy :). It's very easy to
install ndiswrapper module by following its wiki but is *super* easy via
module-assistant.

for such cards, ndiswrapper is not needed, i guess... or am i wrong?

regards,

You're correct, ndiswrapper isn't needed by cards with native support
under the vanilla kernel.

obviously, there aren't too many possibilities (2.6.15 kernel):
Cisco/Aironet 34X/35X/4500/4800 PCMCIA cards (AIRO_CS)
	they seems to support only b/
Planet WL3501 PCMCIA cards (PCMCIA_WL3501)
Intersil Prism GT/Duette/Indigo PCI/Cardbus (PRISM54)
	several cards have this chip inside

which one of these three would you recommend? or maybe going with ndiswrapper would be an easier way...

thanks,

--
Lubos
_@_"