Re: howto check open ports ?

On Wednesday 22 February 2006 13:18, Mehmet Fatih Akbulut wrote:
> hi all,
> i am now behind a firewall [at dormitory], and i want to check open ports.
> is there a handy program that does this job for me ;)

nmap will do it if you know your IP address and can run nmap from another
network.

BTW, attempting to breach your university's security measure probably violates
your terms of enrollment and can get you kicked out of college or evicted
from your dorm.  Just something to keep in mind.

--
Paul Johnson
Jabber: Because it's time to move forward  http://ursine.ca/Ursine:Jabber