Re: Modem changes behavior after Sarge Update

Hal Vaughan writes:
> Does kill look for lock files and release devices?

No.  Kill just sends a signal (default SIGTERM).  Minicom catches the
signal, cleans up by closing files and restoring the terminal settings and
then exits.  Sounds like it restores the serial port settings as well.  Try
'kill -9': that cannot be caught (it will leave the terminal in a strange
state, though.  Use 'reset' to fix it).

> What does kill do that effects the DTR?

Nothing.

> first time I've ever seen an upgrade of Debian Stable hose a system!

What did you change?
--
John Hasler