Re: list and usenet

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 12:53:01PM -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:

> Anyway, I read what the EFF has to say, and it's odd what the
> Supreme Court ruled.
Alot of FLOSS folks agree, it odd!

> I see the same argument used repeatedly now, and it doesn't make sense
> to me in any of the circumstances I've seen it. For example,
> recently we've seen cases where people successfully sue bars for
> "letting them get drunk", and even individuals. I'd never supply
> alcohol for someone who visited my house because of that.
> I've also seen lawsuits against gun manufacturers because someone
> misused a gun. When do we get lawsuits against hammer manufacturers?
>
> BTW, I hear that Germany has a proposed "knife control law".

some folks see the idea of suing bar owner or gun owners and wining
damages as liberal justice. But on the other side, there are industries
who are 'helping' congress to make federal laws that disallow lawsuits
against the asbestos industry, gun companies and doctors which could be
viewed as republican and pro-big business.
> But I am straying away from Debian.
Hopefull we can get back on topic.
Cheers,
Kev