Re: which command can be used to show IP address

Serena Cantor wrote:
> I use sarge.
>
> I have cable modem connection, use DHCP to config, Do
> I have fixed IP? I plan to set up web site using it.
>
> Thanks in advance!

I guess if you have DHCP then you shouldn't trust that you will get the
same IP forever even if you get the same one over an extended period of
time.

I do not have a fixed IP for sure and get a new one everytime my ISP
connection is reestablished. To host a webserver, I use no-ip client
(available in Debian). To use it, I need to register on
http://www.no-ip.com with my current IP address and an email and a
desired hostname (e.g. mywebsite.no-ip.org). Then I need to installed
their client with is available from Debian repos. And that is it. The
no-ip client periodically notifies the no-ip.com website what my current
IP is and I give out the url mywebsite.no-ip.org to others to visit my
webpages.

->HS